Sunday, February 24, 2013

Feb 24th WEEK 3

1 pound of Fat versus 1 pound of Muscle.
1 Lbs Fat vs. 1 lbs Lean Muscle
Ahhhh, FINALLY feeling back to normal!  That dang period really took it out of me this month! I Even had CRAMPS!  Aside from that, it was a really great week! And a bad week. Lemme 'splain a bit.

 We got to visit with my brother and sister in law and their newly adopted daughter! They were here because they were to be sealed to their daughter in the LDS Toronto Temple.  I had never been to the sealing of a child before, but it was beautiful and very special!

We also got to see our newest nephew--twice! He is so scrumptious and cute and BIG!  It was a close call for his mother after she had given birth-- very scary, but she pulled through and is doing great!
Terrah absolutely loves their baby. It was very heart melting to see her with him, and how gentle and attentive she was! A big thanks to Kira for being a good sport about letting Terrah hold her baby and helping him with his soother, blanket, baby hat....everything! :)

However...due to all this family time, it also lead to some less than ideal meal moments. DELICIOUS moments, but not really within my healthy eating guidelines. :)  HOWEVER... I did manage to up my water consumption!  I got it up to at LEAST 4 glasses a day! Huge improvement for me. Bleh, I just wish my water was yummier tasting. Am I the only one with this problem? When I lived at home my parents started buying those jugs of water because I wasn't drinking. Some days the tap water tasted like worms. Other days like lipstick.  Gross! But really... am I the only one? :(

Also, I wasn't able to make it out to Zumba this week. :( I missed my dance party! My poor HHJJ cells... I tried to make up for not going by doing more Pilates and dancing, and have been using Terrah as my weights--to her great delight.

A word about Meal Planning--- It sucks. Actually, I kind of love it, but also hate it.  I can't believe it can take me an hour to decide what I want and need to eat, 3 times a day, plus snacks and shakes, and then write it down! And I haven't even gone shopping for the food yet or started prepping it!  One day I will be rich and hire someone to do all that for me. I'll do the cooking, but they'll do all the shopping and clean up!  Or if that's too unrealistic, I would at least like my time in the kitchener to be like on the Cooking shows. "Allow to chill 3 1/2 hours. Oh look! I just happen to have one all done right here.." and all my ingredients are measured out for me in adorable dishes, and there's never any mess! Yep, that's definitely more likely to happen.

We 3 Pictures:
No pictures this week. So sorry :) Stay tuned next week for more sexy poses!


Week 3 Measurements:
Bust: 42"
Waist: 39 1/2 Inch! One inch down from last week!
Hips: 40 1/2 inch.

I'll take all the 1/2" I can get! :)

Things I Learned This Week:

  • homemade mayo is DISGUSTING!
  • I love stretching! I don't know why, but I somehow feel more... "open" after I stretch! I'm not sure what the right word is. Taller?  Less constrained? Probably why I love Pilates... it's a stretch and work out at the same time! And I love the soft ache in my muscles the next day after doing it. :)
  • It's really hard to do anything, including be happy, when your nose is super stuffed up. This is more of a "re-learn" for me.  I realized why I was such a miserable person when my nose was stuffed up 24/7 for years!
  • I still hate playing Boggle with my husband.
  • If ice cream doesn't melt after being out all night... it probably shouldn't go in your body! :/ Yikes...
  • THIS IS HARD!!

Go ahead, Try it!

I'll wait.






I know you didn't try it. DO IT!






Okay, you still didn't.   Moving on!


Things I Need To Improve:

  • prepping ahead of time! Instead of always having to cook or prepare my meals right before needing to eat, I need to make more time prepping in advance! Hopefully this will help me feel like I don't spend so much time cooking and cleaning in the kitchen! I hate cleaning up. 
  • Eat more Veggies. 
  • Drink more water!
  • My Boggle game.
This week we are going to look into getting me a membership at the YMCA (with their financial assistance program) so I can take classes there. I would really like to try a cycling class! We'll see how the application stuff goes!

What are YOU going to do this week to be more healthy???

5 comments:

  1. i love meal planning, even if it does take a bit of time! it's easy to prep things when you meal plan. for example, the other day i shredded cheese for tacos, and saw that we were having quesadillas a day or two later so kept grating more cheese until i had enough for both meals. i didn't have to do it the next day! or if you're chopping carrots or celery for a soup, cut up a few extra into sticks to keep in the fridge for a snack the next day. when you get home from the store, wash your lettuce and put it in a ziplock bag with a paper towel - it will last a lot longer and you won't have to wash it every time you want to use it. or you could even turn a saturday into a freezer meal day where you make a whole bunch of meals and soups to keep in the freezer and then you have 0 prep on the days you need to use them.
    as for fruits and vegetables, you can prep them whenever (even the night before) and then put them out on the counter the next day. i'm more likely to eat a bunch of carrots if they're right there in front of me and out in plain sight.
    anyway, i'm a huge advocate of meal planning and prepping food ahead of time, especially if you're prepping the same food for a different meal anyway!
    i just realized this is getting really long...i'll stop talking. :) love your blog - keep it up!
    p.s. i hate tap water, too. a filter helps a little bit with the taste, like a brita filter or whatever, especially if the water's cold. we have one right on our tap. it might be worth a shot for ya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the ideas, Kate! I really appreciate them! And I agree that meal planning is the way to go-- I'm just struggling with making it a habit and staying organized/motivated to do it well. :) Do you soak your fruits and veggies in a water/vinegar bath? I use a 10:1 ratio, and will never go back to just rinsing under the tap! The amount of stuff that comes off my food is amazing...
      Thank you for commenting! I appreciate the feedback!

      Delete
  2. I will play Boggle with Aaron! Bring it on!! :)
    This week my exercise will include moving boxes of books and hefting the baby. Not excited.
    And, no, I didn't do the video, but good try! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tam, I would love to watch you play Aaron! :)
      Let me know how all that hard work moving and packing goes! I wish I was there to help you with it all!

      Delete
  3. I kinda hate playing boggle with my husband, too. But I love playing Farkle...maybe you should try it. :) I am going to love doing these things after the pregnancy, but then you'll be all fit already, so you'll have to keep posting anyway.

    ReplyDelete